<:-) [dunce] or
L:) [loser] or
Seriously, there are web sites devoted to emoticons. Looking over the list of emoticon possibilities, I decided I’d rather shoot myself between the eyes. +-(
Both sRod and RazZDoodle tagged me. I am compelled to present the summary of rules:
(1) Write your own six word memoir.
(2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
(3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogs-universe.
(4) Tag at least five more blogs with links.
(5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
In light of future events and the total preoccupation of my mind on the Boston Marathon, my memoir will be of a singular tone:
Boston Runner Seeks Crampfree Glorious Finish
I’ve considered posting this same message in the Boston Globe the weekend before the race but thought maybe, just maybe, there is a woman out there named Crampfree Finish with a middle initial of “G” and I didn’t want to open up that can of worms. I’d hate to have to explain this situation to Mr. Finish.
Requisite visual illustration:
That’s not me but photo credit goes to the Boston Globe (image from 2007). It might be me in a few days. One never knows.
I now deem it necessary to place the tagged burden on these folks:
(1) Annoyingly infrequent blogger, Mike.
And, anonymous poster Tange, you can leave a six worder in the comments section.
You all may not have time to do this. But I know I don’t have time to listen to you whine. So, if I can indulge myself a second six worder:
Tagged! Shut Up and Do It.
Sending a hello over Lake Michigan to Mrs. Nitmos on a work related assignment in beautiful, if not a little rusty, Milwaukee. Rest assured, hon, I'm still "hard to explain". Oh, and how do you put out an oven fire?