Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Six Words: A Memoir

It’s time for me to play this game. I’ve been tagged a couple of times and need to respond before I’m responsible for bringing the game to a complete stand still. I’d hate to suffer angry emoticons like:

<:-) [dunce] or
L:) [loser] or
:-( [frown]

Seriously, there are web sites devoted to emoticons. Looking over the list of emoticon possibilities, I decided I’d rather shoot myself between the eyes. +-(

Both sRod and RazZDoodle tagged me. I am compelled to present the summary of rules:

(1) Write your own six word memoir.
(2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
(3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogs-universe.
(4) Tag at least five more blogs with links.
(5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.


In light of future events and the total preoccupation of my mind on the Boston Marathon, my memoir will be of a singular tone:

Boston Runner Seeks Crampfree Glorious Finish

I’ve considered posting this same message in the Boston Globe the weekend before the race but thought maybe, just maybe, there is a woman out there named Crampfree Finish with a middle initial of “G” and I didn’t want to open up that can of worms. I’d hate to have to explain this situation to Mr. Finish.

Requisite visual illustration:




That’s not me but photo credit goes to the Boston Globe (image from 2007). It might be me in a few days. One never knows.

I now deem it necessary to place the tagged burden on these folks:

(1) Annoyingly infrequent blogger, Mike.
(2) L*I*S*A
(3) Russ
(4) NWGDC
(5) Eric

And, anonymous poster Tange, you can leave a six worder in the comments section.

You all may not have time to do this. But I know I don’t have time to listen to you whine. So, if I can indulge myself a second six worder:

Tagged! Shut Up and Do It.

_____________________________________

Sending a hello over Lake Michigan to Mrs. Nitmos on a work related assignment in beautiful, if not a little rusty, Milwaukee. Rest assured, hon, I'm still "hard to explain". Oh, and how do you put out an oven fire?

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Mrs. Nitmos, what were you thinking? Is he also in charge of the kids? Oh my.

Anonymous said...

Of course that isn't you. None of the pictures on your blog are of you.

SURE!!!!!!!!!!

Here you go:

Hello Kitty bandages debars runner's nipple. (at least for Nitmos in one of his races)

example in an image is linked here: http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/pwo0048l.jpg

-tange

Nitmos said...

Hmmm, "the (anonymous poster above) doth protest too much, methinks."

Shakespeare is cool.

Topher said...

Hey, in answer to your question about the meaning of Rock Chalk Jayhawk, my wife posted an explanation on her blog for her family who has no clue. You can check it out at: http://accountingformylife.blogspot.com/2008/04/since-i-am-not-native-kansan-many-of-my.html

By the way, how dang long is it going to take you to finish Don Quixote? It's been on there longer than Hello Kitty's been alive.

Nitmos said...

DQ is 1100 pages long. I am slothful. Not a good mix. I believe I am nearing page 700. That places completion date around middle May.

Marcy said...

LMAO @ Nancy!

Snotrockets in the car, eh?
*Note to self* NEVER share a car with Nitmos :P

Eric Gervase said...

Tagged eh? I'll show you... Ok, I don't really have much to show you. I'll get to work.

KimsRunning said...

Hello Nitmos!

Have no fear! Even if I don't qualify in Oct, I won't be too disappointed. I know it's a stretch. Honestly, I enjoy the challenge and I look forward to seeing what I have in me! If it takes me 3 years, so be it!

Thanks!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Nitmos.....
Hello back to you, nice try on the oven fire, but I know you and you are eating out at CanCun Mexican Grille (which is the worst restaurant ever).

Lily on the Road said...

I can't stop laughing enough to even get half way through your postings let alone the visual of snot rockets...LMAO!!!

too freeking funny, I'll try to catch up later....Mrs. Nitmos, you are an ANGEL!!!

Frayed Laces said...

If you do end up crawling across the finish, at least make it look like you're in agony. This guy looks like he's playing pony rides with a three year-old. Come on, where's the anguish?

Stuart said...

Your second one sounds like a between a kids game and sports commercial...thanks goodness your not in advertising!

Anonymous said...

Started running; Now I have calves.

- Dean