Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Need for Speed II

I'm going to continue posting and tracking my speed training so I can keep track and, hopefully, note progress. Again, due to the weather, I was unable to use the local high school track. My course took me around the neighborhood across the street from mine 3x and then once around my 'hood arriving back in my driveway after 4.32 miles.

During each mile, I maintained a steady, brisk - but not a pushed - pace for about a 1/2 mile and then a 1/2 mile of hard effort. The first two miles were manageable. I really started to wear down during the third mile. I found little extra energy to pick up and maintain much of a pace during the 3rd pick-up.

4.32 miles
29:53 time
6:55 per mile

Mile 1: 6:41
Mile 2: 6:44
Mile 3: 6:55
Mile 4: 7:20
.32 mile: 7:00 pace

Not as consistent across all 4 miles as my first effort but, overall, a better pace. Next week, I'll up the total distance to around 5 miles and see if I can still maintain an overall pace of 7 minutes or less.

1 comment:

L*I*S*A said...

Excellent...most excellent! You are a speed demon. :)