Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm back. I'm sore.

Not necessarily in that order.

We have arrived home from Florida. What a bummer to step off the plane to 30 degrees and snow. I could have made a sandcastle and a snowman on the same day!

Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge (or Goofy's Challenge) is complete! I crossed the finish line in both races. The hardware I brought back caused my bag in the airport to be overweight providing some last minute scrambling to shift weight to other bags. (No kidding).

I will have a full report from both races to come in the days ahead. It was a fun experience.

As a teaser, let's just say I finished all 39.3 miles. The first 32 miles went completely to plan. The last 7 miles? Well.....

5 comments:

Nancy said...

YEAH!!! YOU DID IT. Congrats.

sRod said...

AWESOME!!! You know we need pictures of those medals. My Donald probably pushes the one-pound mark.

Russ said...

Congrats on finishing! Welcome back to lovely Michigan.

L*I*S*A said...

Awesome job!!

nwgdc said...

oooooooooooooh total teaser. congrats on the hardware. i can't wait to hear more. this is definitely on my list, so i'm excited to find out more!