Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Off With Its Head!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I look forward to the pleasantness of turkey flesh being digested deep within me. MMMM, turkey.

This week, a 5, 7.5 and 15 miler planned with the last 2 on back-to-back days as I continue to ramp up the training. I am now starting the "building mileage" phase after creeping slowly upwards over the last 2 months. Overall, my legs are fresher...but not free of discomfort. My right hamstring refuses to cooperate.

I'll need to live with it at this point. I took it easy last week. Really, over the last 2 weeks I've cut back a bit on mileage and pace with so-so results. The legs are back to about 75% but start complaining around the 10 mile mark.

I shall proceed with caution.

Enjoy the time with friends and/or family.

Go Lions.

4 comments:

sRod said...

Visions of turkey meat dance in my head too. It was keeps me going during my runs.

L*I*S*A said...

I *heart* triptophan!!! Yay, turkey!

nwgdc said...

GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO!
have a great thanksgiving, and feel free to drown your sorrows in gravy if needed. :)

Arron said...

turkey for you. turkey for me. i'ld eat turky out of big brown shoe. later.