- Sitting in the back window of the car like a lion resting on a rock.
- Those ears that looked like two rugs tacked to the side of your head.
- Going head to head with a bunny in a bowl of rabbit food to see who could eat more the fastest.
- Posing in the wife and I's engagement photo so many years ago (in between barks at the photographer, of course).
- Graciously accepting the arrival of two kids who took attention away from you.
- Sitting by the front door when we left and being there when we came back. Every time.
- Learning to snap a dog biscuit off your nose (sometimes).
- Knowing the difference between regular food emerging from the food closet and microwave popcorn (your only allowed human food).
- Barking at the neighbor dog. Only to snort and walk away when he returned a bark.
- Allowing my daughter to lay on top of you to give you hugs (I could hear you groan sometimes).
- Following your mom around everywhere she went. Even if it meant getting stepped on sometimes.
- Your silent protest hunger strikes that lasted nearly 2 days upon returning to your regular food bowl after visits to the grandparents and the special treat of another dog's food (and whatever else "fell" off the table).
- The little tuft of hair on top of your head, if we let it go too long between hair cuts, that stood up making you look like Alfalfa.
- Signaling with your body and eyes that it was time to go and saving us from having to guess.
April 1993 - November 2007
Thanks for the memories!