Friday, October 19, 2007

It's Official

I don't know why I had been waiting to register for Boston. Registration opened in early September. I think I was waiting to see how I did at Chicago this year. If I BQ'ed again, I would have had the option of Boston in either 2008 or 2009. This would have afforded me some wiggle room if I just couldn't make it next spring. As we know, that didn't happen.

So, why wait? If this last marathon taught me anything, it's that you can never predict what is going to happen on race day. I shouldn't pass by the opportunity and assume it's going to happen again. It may not.

Let's get busy living:


Dear (ME) ,
This is to notify you that your entry into the 112th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 21, 2008 has been accepted, provided that the information you submitted is accurate.
We look forward to seeing you in April! Best of luck in your training!
Sincerely,
Boston Athletic Association
I'm in...pending the ominous "provided the information you submitted is accurate" statement.
Disney Goofy Challenge and then Boston. My dance card is full for awhile.
Happy trails.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Congrats (contingent, of course, on the fact that the information you submitted is accurate) !!

That's sort of weird, do they then go verify it? Well anyway, this is really cool. YAHOO!

L*I*S*A said...

Excellent! You're going to run a race I can only dream about. Rock on!!

Russ said...

great! thanks for the encouragement...enjoy your buildup to boston...