Friday, February 26, 2010

Neither Snow Nor Rain Nor Heat Nor Gloom...

This is my mailbox. I took this picture 30 minutes ago. It is still snowing.

This is not my actual mailbox. As you can see, it's more of a paper box at the end of my driveway. I don't get the paper. I know everything I need to know. I'm convinced that everything that happens has already happened before. And I have tons of history books in my nice, warm house. Why rebuy old news repackaged in a trendy ink print package and full of ads? Only the names and faces have changed...
So I will not shovel out the front of this paper box. Nature will need to do its thing to free it from it's cold tomb.
I took this picture to illustrate what I'm up against for this weekend's 15 mile long run. It is more than others. But not as much as some. I have completed every run on my February training plan except one. I will not be deterred by the heaping mounds of creeping, cold death.
Fortunately, my 15 mile long run has options. And "options" is sometimes referred to as a "treadmill."
So, neither snow nor rain not heat nor gloom will keep me from accomplishing my appointed course.
Winter, you may now Fuck Off.
Happy trails.

11 comments:

Ian said...

You've got more snow than I do here because God loves me more than he loves you.

Aron said...

ok i will stop complaining about all the rain and mud i am going to have to run through tomorrow... you win :)

EZEthan said...

Seems to me that the paper box is holding up pretty well considering all the snow...

sperp

Julie said...

Can you make it go away?? You are not alone, I am sick of it too!!

Anonymous said...

Stooopid snow. That's about how much we had here. But today some melted, and it snained and snained. (Some people - idiots the lot of them - might call the rain/snow combo "sleet" but they'd be wrong. It's clearly "snain." And it, too, can fuck right off.)

The Laminator said...

I've become an expert on "options" because hell seems to freeze over and over...every...single...week! If snow follows me into march, i'm giving up on marathoning...

X-Country2 said...

If my mailbox didn't hold my Us Weekly every Friday, I'd get rid of it all together. It serves no other purpose.

Aka Alice said...

Just to state the obvious...that's a lot of fucking snow.

Like Aron, I too will never complain about the rain again (never = not until the next time it rains here). Still, you do win.

NY Wolve said...

That's amazing! Wait, no it isntbecause we got 17 inches here too how about crazy. If I had a long run planned, I don't know what I'd do. But probably what you did! All your work will be rewarded; it's karma.

Jess said...

I'm with you on telling winter to F off. I've had quite enough.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Crossing MI off of list of places to ever live.