Friday, May 18, 2007

Counting Down

8 days to go.

The weather forecast flipped again and now ominously predicts "showers" for the 26th. This is Michigan after all so no doubt the forecast will flip-flop several more times until race day.

Our refrigerator stopped working earlier this week and my partially healthy diet has been replaced with eating out almost every meal while we wait to get the thing fixed. It is fixed now. I tried to minimize the fat content of the meals by doing lots of Jared style Subway meals.

Meanwhile, my daughter is kickin' ass in her 5 year old soccer league! She plows through the mob of kids and comes out the other end with the ball and marches right down to the goal several times a game. She's a competitive little bugger.

I completed my 5 miler and 7 miler this week at paces of 6:58 and 7:02 respectively. Three more runs to go: 9, 5 and 4 miles until race day!

1 comment:

L*I*S*A said...

Hard to believe that race day is almost here!