Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Now I just need to put a little addition into my Christmas wish list...along with a few stars to the left....maybe a quick highlight...let's add a circle...and maybe an arrow coming in from the right. There, hopefully my wife will see it.
Monday, November 27, 2006
I'm a newbie at this but I'll give it a shot. Thanks Mike.
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I really need a haircut.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
99 cents. I couldn't buy a pop today so I'm stuck with water.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”
4. Favorite planet?
Mercury seems pretty cool (not literally ofcourse). It never gets no pub though.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
I wish I knew. Someone stole my cell phone months ago.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
7. What shirt are you wearing?
Typical button-up, garden variety office work shirt.
8. Do you “label” yourself?
I accept labels given to me. And they call me Unforgiven.
9. Name the brand of your shoes you’re currently wearing?
Born brown casuals.
10. Bright or Dark Room?
In this office? Nothing but flickering bright fluorescent lights baby!
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
I'm thinking if his pace per mile was charted over the last year it would look like a steep hill going down while mine would look pretty flat.
12. What does your watch look like?
I don't wear one except when I run. That's a circa 1995 Timex Ironman with all the button text rubbed off from sweaty fingers.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Watching the Outtakes from an otherwise forgettable movie called 'You, Me, and Dupree'.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
Don't have my cell. Weren't you reading?
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
Corner of Aurelius and Jolly Rd.
16. What’s a word that you say a lot?
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
My son Nick.
18. Last furry thing you touched?
My 13 year old dog Amber.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
One bottle of Blatz (I didn't buy it, trust me). One glass of Traverse City's finest wine.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
I believe there is roll in my old camera somewhere. Wonder what is on it?
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
Hmmm, 25 was pretty cool I guess.
22. Your worst enemy?
23. What is your current desktop picture?
Me and the fam at Comerica Park watching the Tigers win a thriller.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"Didn't I already watch the security training video?" (Shhh, I should be working)
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Teleportation is the future. I'll take the million bucks.
26. Do you like someone?
For what reason?
27. The last song you listened to?
Something by Alice in Chains...can't remember the title....it was on the radio.
28. What time of day were you born?
29. What’s your favorite number?
30. Where did you live in 1987?
At home in Traverse City with the folks. Still a pimply faced high schooler.
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
Too many to count.
32. Is anyone jealous of you?why?
Well, I should point out that I used to drive a Saturn....
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
At work, gathered around the meeting room television.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Push the buttons frantically a couple dozen times in the vain hope that the machine is just teasing and will see how serious I am about getting my money back. Hasn't worked so far.
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
To those I know, yes. I can be a bit prickly to those I don't.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Male = arm or back.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
How 'bout Latin? Not particularly useful but at least you could read all those clever slogans on governmental buildings, currency, and law books.
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
Sure. Haven't really found "home" yet anyway.
39. Are you touchy feely?
40. What’s your life motto?
People are stupid. People are smart. Often at the same time.
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
Wedding ring, wallet, and, seemingly, underwear.
42. What’s your favorite town/city?
Traverse City, I guess.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
I bought McDonalds 4 days ago. Haven't had cash on me since then.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Seems like I sent a quick hello to an old college buddy several months ago.
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
Yes. Pretty easy really. Drive into this building...command that the oil is changed...provide a form of payment...drive away. Not much more to it really.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
I believe she is searching for her missing boyfriend. At least, that's what CNN keeps reporting. No matter, I forgot all about her after the Physical World Tour ended anyway.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
I know one half of the family came to the US from Russia in the early twentieth century while around the same time the other half came from Germany. Somewhere since then the two halfs merged eventually creating this beautiful specimen. Thank God for immigration!
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Was there a wedding or funeral recently? I don't recall.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
All systems go.
50. Have you been burned by love?
Love's fickle flame flickers fleetingly...
I suppose at this point I'm to 'tag' another party? Alas, no one really reads this blog and the only two bloggers I have actually met before have already been tagged. I'm sure I'll be breaching some blogger etiquette here but I'll let this grape whither on the vine...
Monday, November 20, 2006
I like the idea of the flat, fast course. I want to get a better idea of where I stand for a Boston Qualifier. In Chicago, as you may read below, I employed a bad strategy and I don't feel like I ended with a true representation of my level of training. I think the Bayshore, versus the Flying Pig, is a better fit at this point. Though now the Pig will be on my calendar for next year. Plus, I have the "home field" advantage. This is my home town. I'll have friends and family. It'll take place over Memorial weekend making an all around nice experience.
More to come on training goals...
Thursday, November 09, 2006
So, I should get this thing together a little bit. I'll bring in the blogterior decorator to measure for new drapes and show me some color swatches. Give me a few days and I'll see if I can turn this from the boring, basic template to something suitable for a special layout in Better Blogs & Gardens.